Monday, November 29, 2010

Adventures in Breastmilk Storage

This is the first time that I've breastfeed successfully. Actually it's the first time I've even REALLY tried. It's been over five weeks, and while it's had it's ups and downs, we're still doing it! But I go back to work (or rather start a new job) in a few weeks, and I'm a little worried on how continuing breastfeeding will work out. I've tried to pump here and there to start a stash, but it's EXPENSIVE to keep buying those little baggies! I know, I know, your sitting there thinking, "it's cheaper than buying formula!" and your right. It's just that I, personally, hate spending money at all! So I began researching other storage solutions.


One of my friends mentioned breastmilk freezing trays. They're like ice cube trays but instead of cubes they make long cylinder ice cubes that you can then stick in a freezer bag. When I heard of this cheaper option, I decided to give it a try. Only problem though was finding them! None of the stores near me, including Babies R Us and big chain stores, carried the breastmilk tray. Thats when I realized that it didn't have to be THAT exact tray! A few weeks before I had received a box of babyfood making supplies from Infantino to review. Included was a tray to freeze purees in. Each cube held one oz of food. Perfect for freezing breastmilk!

About the Freeze Tray:

"This small Food Cube Tray is perfect for freezing small portions of your baby’s food. By preparing food in batches and freezing it in the food cube tray, you need only cook once or twice a week.

-Freeze and store your freshly prepared baby food

-Includes nine 1 oz. food cubes in meal portion size

-Freezer and dishwasher safe

-BPA Free "


I've been using the Freeze Tray ever since. I love it! It's made out of silicone and is super bendy, which makes it easy to get the cubes out and into the freezer bag. I also love that it has a lid, I'm less likely to spill the "liquid gold".

Eventually, I will use the tray for baby food making as well, and I know I will love it just as much then! It's a great product by a great company, one that I will definitely be recommending to ALL of my pregnant friends! (seriously, theres been a pregnancy BOOM around here!)

“I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for Infantino and have received various Infantino products as part of my participation.”


No comments: