Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Life Story Post...

I've decided that I should probably tell you who I am and how I came to be here, since I may have people actually reading this! Personally, If I'm reading a persons thoughts and stories I like to know about them! SOOO here goes...

My name is Cassidy, I'm 22 years old (as of April 16th), and I am a wife and mom. The last two things are super new to me, and I'm still getting use to it, since it was all brought on rather suddenly. It all started in January of 2008...

I had just broken up with my boyfriend of two years when one of my guy friends from my old college called to see if I wanted to attend a shindig at his house. I was like "Heck Yea! I need to get out and enjoy myself! Boys... YAY!" (haha) That is where I met Z (my hubby and bff). We started hanging out that night, and from then on we were pretty much inseparable.

Fast forward a few months... I had just moved out of my college days Girl house (we dubbed ourselves The State Street Sorority House) and into my first "by-myself" apartment. (Even though Z ended up spending every night with me lol.) I was really enjoying myself, being on my own, good student job, having fun and being a party girlie, and being in lovvvvvveeeeee. I had just turned 21 for goodness sakes! Until June 27th. On that morning I had decided to take a test. A small test that can ROCK your whole WORLD! I passed that test with flying colors... I WAS PREGNANT! We were shocked, worried, excited, and going to be parents! We decided we were definitely keeping the baby and going to get married! (We had already begun talking about marriage before our BFP)

We were married on August 23rd, 2008, I was 3 months pregnant with our baby boy. We honeymooned in Las Vegas (which was amazing! I can't wait to visit someday again when I can actually enjoy the bars lol). When we got back we moved into a house close to my parents (mom's offering free babysitting, SCORE!) Found out we were having a BOY!, and did pretty much everything we could to get ready!

During that time, we also decided that I would try to stay home for a while after our Bug was born. Things would be (and are!) tight but I didn't want to miss out on anything. That's when I discovered COUPONING and all the couponing blogs out there. It's amazing how much you can save by doing a little cutting and research! It's become an addiction of mine, you will often see my list on here! anyways back to my story.

On February 19th, 2009 Caden Robert joined us two weeks early, weighing 7 lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long. It was a hard labor... and a lonnnnnng one. It lasted over 24 hours! My epideral didn't take in my back, I had back labor, and my doctor barely made it in time... (she ran in, threw her coat on the ground and delivered Bug bare-handed!) The good news was Caden was extremely healthy and my recovery was short!

So now here I am, A wife for almost a year, and a mommy to a 3 month old. They are parts of me that I didn't even know I was missing and I didn't plan any of it at all, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

Well if you made it through all that, that is a little about me, feel free to comment if you wanna know anything else!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow Cass! i didn't realize you had an unexpected pregnancy as well and were a newlywed. We have a lot in common =) But like you, I wouldn't change a thing!