Friday, September 25, 2009

FLUFF BUTT: Pop-Up Wipes

This guest post comes from a wonderful blogging mom!
Beth, at Happily Domestic, is a CDing mom to 4!!
(well three with one on the way!)
I will be posting a "Why I CD" article by Beth in a few days!
Make sure to check back for it!

How to make easy pop up wipes... for CHEAP!
This is the wipes system I have been using
since day-1 of my cloth diapering journey.
It is very inexpensive, yet works!

This is what you will need:


I bought 9 packages of thin baby washcloths from the DollarTree.
Cost- $9.00
That gives you 36 cloth wipes.

(Click to see larger)

I fold the wipes in a layering manner.
See instructions above.

  1. Place layer fold wipes in empty pop up tub
  2. Mix solution
  3. Pour solution over wipes
  4. Feed first wipe through lid slit
  5. Close and pull up
  6. Wipes will pop up in order, with no need to open container
Easy as that!

I always prefer to use cloth wipes when using cloth diapers. It is much easier to throw the wipe in the pail with the diaper, then to make an extra effort to get a dirty wipe to the trash can. My husband prefers non-cloth wipes, so I do buy them from time to time to make him happy. I also use disposable wipes for when we leave the house.


I highly recommend this wipe solution:


Here is some information on it:


The LuSa Organics Diaper Wipe Concentrate has healing essential oils combines with witch hazel, aloe, vera juice, and skin soothing oils. No mixing individual oils neccessary - just add water and pour over your wipes. This concentrate is free of synthetic fragrances and preservatives found in so many commercial wipes. After using a wipe just toss it in with your diapers to be washed.

The LuSa Organics Diaper Wipe Concentrate is the least expensive and easiest way to make your own wipes!

Directions: Shake well before use. Combine 1-3 tsp. LuSa Organics Diaper Wipe Concentrate with 1 cup water. Pour over cloth wipes or paper towels. Store in a sterilized plastic tub. For travel, toss a few wipes in a zip bag and go!

Please note separation in the bottle is normal so shake well before each use.

Comes in 8 oz bottle and will make approximately 2 gallons.

This costs $14.99. I bought mine from Nicki's Diapers 14 months ago and still have around 1/4 of the bottle left. I mix 3 teaspoons solution to 2 cups water for each full tub of wipes. I am amazed at how long this solution has lasted. I love it! It smells great, doesn't mildew or get musty and I love the fact that it is all organic, and full of essential oils. Nothing synthetic touching my baby's bum. :-)

THANK YOU BETH FOR THE WONDERFUL GUEST POST!
MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT BETH AT HAPPILY DOMESTIC!!

3 comments:

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to try them :)

Ryan, Corrie, Max, and Jack said...

This is great information! I have been stocking up on baby washcloths with the intention of using them as wipes, but everything I could find on it required a separate spray bottle, etc., and that was way too much to mess with! I will be trying this out!!